Learning to Love God
24-Week Curriculum for Church High School Ministry
To help high school youth have a strong Christian faith and learn to love God more deeply and live for God more faithfully—during and after high school.
This Lesson Series …
- Introduces the concept of a “worldview” as a powerful and practical tool to help develop committed and consistent Christ-followers.
- Offers a strong foundation in basic Christian beliefs.
- Explains the core beliefs of Christianity in the context of other world religions and different Christian denominations.
- Surveys and evaluates major non-Christian worldviews.
- Provides a persuasive case for the truth of Christianity.
- Empowers Christian students to share their faith more confidently and more effectively.
Each lesson provides EVERYTHING YOU NEED
- Video lessons (each about 20 minutes, typically divided in two parts).
- A Leader Guide with detailed lesson outlines and specific instructions.
- A Student Guide to use during and after each lesson.
- A Parent Guide to create valuable conversation and enjoyable experiences with their high school student.
- Kahoot quizzes for review and fun.
Each lesson has these sections
Let’s Kickoff: Introductory questions or activities.
Let’s Learn: The main video teaching (about 20 minutes divided into at least two parts).
Let’s Interact: Discussion questions that prompt reflection and interaction.
Let’s Do Something: Suggested activities for students to apply the lesson during the week.
Let the Spirit Speak: A list of Scriptures and devotional thoughts to use during the week.
Let’s Go Deeper: A list of recommended relevant resources (e.g., online articles and videos).
- This 24-week lesson series is being tested in a megachurch during 2022. Based on input from youth leaders, it will be revised and then made available to all churches.
Learning to Love God in a World of Options
Part One: Learning to Love the God of the Bible
Learning to Love Others—and God
The Worldview Tool
God: The GOAT of the Universe
God’s Love Story
God as Powerful Creator
God as Incarnate Savior
Part Two: Loving God In A World of Religious Confusion
Christianity and Other Religions
Christianity and Different Denominations
God is All Powerful and All Knowing
God, Pain, and Pandemics
A God of Truth and Grace
God, Morality, and Sexuality
Part Three: Non-Christian Worldview Options
Different Worldviews: An Overview
Deism & Secular Humanism: Emphasis on Reason
Nihilism: The Dive Into Despair
Existentialism: Emphasis on Feelings
Pantheism and New Age: Everything is One
Syncretism, Pluralism, and Relativism: Whatever!
Part Four: The Christian Worldview: A Better Explanation and Way of Life
Meaning, Morality, and Social Justice
Christianity and Science
Jesus and His Resurrection: The Gospels
Jesus and His Resurrection: The New Testament
The Bible: The Authority of the Books
The Bible: The Reliability of the Manuscripts